Tuesday 16 August 2016

Old Movie Clip From Nystrup (1/35)

During my vacation I visted a nice, old couple with family ties to Nystrup. They had photos to show and stories to tell. Much to my surprise they also showed me a short length of 35 mm. film with interesting scenes from Nystrup and the country side around the town. Most of the scenes were actually shots of trains on the gravel line.


The film was said to be shot in 1945 and 1946. The above shot must be taken in late September at the earliest as it shows Billard loco no. 23. The loco and its sister engine only arrived a few days before 23 September as described by a period news paper. 

Even if the scenes are short I'm looking forward to show more in the future. Surely the old colour film is a fantastic find!

No comments:

Post a Comment