Sunday 9 June 2024

Ground Cover Spreading Slowly

Due to a heavy workload at work, I have had precious little time for modelling. My only achievement has been minor work on the ground cover at the bottom of the gradient to the lorry loading ramp. Gravel and used ground coffee was glued down with PVA glue followed by different lengths and colours of static grass. The method I use is as old as modern railway modelling and I have described it before. Next up is ballasting the first point, something that will take several types of work.

Ground cover is slowly spreading. Only to be mostly covered again with vegetation.

Most of the gradient to the lorry loading ramp now has a first covering of static grass. 

More productive modellers will probably laugh at my speed of progress. But I am not in any great hurry to finish my little layout. I want to finish it and I like to be productive, but I have work, volunteering and a family to take care of. Modelling comes last. 

Practicing another of my hobbies: running a 5 km long 700 mm narrow gauge vintage railway. Ballast raking in progress. Frequent raking of the ballast helps keep the weeds at bay without pesticides.

No comments:

Post a Comment