Sunday 25 June 2017

A Visit to the Gravel Pit (1/35)

As the weather was sunny I took a bike ride to one of Nystrup Gravel's active gravel pits. I wanted to see if I could get a glimpse of some of the equipment Nystrup Gravel used for digging up the precious gravel. There were no problems entering the pit and no one objected to me taking a few photos.

Nystrup Gravel's large Menck M 60 was working in the eastern end of the gravel pit. It looked as if it was preparing to relay the 600 mm. tracks in that part of the pit.

An action shot of the Menck swinging its bucket while working in the pit.
Apart from the new Menck excavator I also located the old Stalinets tracked tractor. The tractor was used to pull equipment in the gravel pits and to pull up trees before removing the topsoil when expanding the pits.
The Soviet tractor in service at Nystrup Gravel. I forgot to remove my bicycle before taking the photograph
I didn't manage to locate the Ruston & Bucyrus excavator, but it could have been working in the western part of the pit or in the other pit. Read about Nystrup Gravel's excavators here.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, Claus !!!! Regards Ernst from Germany :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for your comment, Ernst. As it was a rather windy day it was quite exciting to have the Menck out in the open. The long boom caught the wind easily and made the excavator upper body turn. Fortunately nothing bad happened!

    ReplyDelete