Sunday 20 October 2019

Brick Shed Building

After some sanding I had the four main pieces of the brick shed kit ready for assembly. I tack glued the pieces with AC glue to make sure everything lined up properly. When dry I built up a good glue seam from the inside with Araldite.
The front of the brick shed.

The kit is designed with a stone lintel over each door. An architetural element rarely seen on humble buildings in Denmark. I sanded the area smooth and fitted a line of bricks made from plastic card instead. As the mortar lines are rather thin I have chosen to build the shed as a rendered structure. I use Polyfilla filler to create the rendering. It's pre-mixed, easily applied with a coffee stirrer and can be sanded slightly to remove unwanted bits.
Rear side of brick shed with first polyfilla render smeared on. I will probably add another layer after a light sanding of the first layer.

Side of the building with rendering in progress. It's obvious that the corners need special attention.
I have made both floor and inner roof in foam board. It helps to reinforce the walls and keep the stucture square. The roof itself will be from foam board too, fitted with tar paper and fascia boards from wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment