|All four wheels touch the cutting mat and the chassis is level. The result of a somewhat fiddly proces which I wouldn't recommend to anyone without some experience with short run kits.|
|Test fitting the three main resin body parts to check for any alignment issues. It looks like a Land Rover!|
After having fitted the spring assemblies permanently I glued on axles, gearbox and other chassis details with AC glue. With all chassis parts in place I fixed the wheels with slow drying two part epoxy. With the slow setting glue I had a whole evening to check and adjust wheel settings.
With the wheels fitted I just added the front bumper and I had a complete chassis. Only the driveshaft to the rear mounted pump is missing as it has to be glued to the underside of the rear body.
|The finished chassis seen from above. All parts fit well, but it's quite a job to get everything in place in such a tight space.|
I'm now in the proces of fitting the main body to the chassis. For readers who can't wait to see a finished Land Rover fire tender check this gallery at Track-Link. The only finished Roadcraft Land Rover kit I have seen photos of.