Even though 1:35 scale is supplied with a good selection of figures useful for a model railway like mine, there is no escape from scratch building if I want to add a realistic driver to my model locomotives. The following images show how I built a driver for the Fowler loco. I used parts from four figures from the MiniArt set 35009 'Soviet Tank Crew at Rest' combined and suitably modified.
|Legs from two figures modified and combined to fit the Fowler's floor.|
|Before the glue fully dried, I placed the leg assembly on the foot plate to check for a good fit.|
|With Miliput I built up the coverall on the leg fitted with a high boot. I tested two different upper bodies for the most natural stance of the driver.|
|Upper body and head fitted. A little unusual for a 1950's Danish worker are the steely look a'la 'Hero Soviet Worker' and no cloth cap. I decided to live with that.|
|Arms fitted and my putty and Miliput conversions painted to check for errors. To soften up the figure's 'Soviet Super Man' appearance I added a pipe in his left hand. (Please don't mention that Stalin smoked pipe!).|